No comprENDO

I could have chosen “Life with Endometriosis” or “A Girl and Endometriosis” or “Living With A Chronic Disease”, but those all sound terribly bleak. I’m happy with my choice.

In case you didn’t know, I bought a first class ticket to the 4th arrondissement of Endometriosisbourg and let me tell you, the views here are just spectacular. So many peaks and valleys.

The core of this blog has always been travel related since a tiny gypsy lives in my heart, but thanks to a chronic disease I didn’t know I had until recently, I haven’t traveled for ages because I’ve felt like a sack of poop every single day for quite some time.

So why not blog about what’s become of my life? Because it has taken over my life, with the force of a sledgehammer. This disease has been brewing inside of me for the past 17 years while I was oblivious, and now I’ve found myself smack bang in the middle of a giant shit storm. I’ve tried to do research about the disease, but since so few doctors make it their specialty, there isn’t much information about it. And it’s often misdiagnosed.

Maybe writing will help me find a way to surrender to it, and in the meantime prevent someone else from getting to this point. Because by now I have been reduced to a shell of a human being. This disease has ravaged my body – but it’s also because I have Stage 4 and I never should have let it get to this point. So I’m going to write about everything I’ve been through and will go through, and if ANYONE relates to this, I urge you to go to the doctor immediately and have this explored further.

Also, due to my lack of boundaries I will be sharing some graphic stuff, so if you tend to be a bit queasy about the things that women’s bodies do, I suggest you not read the posts endo-related.

Period. Ovaries. Rectum.

Okay…don’t say I didn’t warn you…

….it all started in 1981, when a tiny, adventurous baby was born, ready to take on the world. Just kidding. It doesn’t go that far back.

But the ball finally gets rolling in March of this year, so we’ll begin there. Starting with the next post.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Endometriosis and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to No comprENDO

1. Larry Cockrell says:

Good for you. Bring it on.

2. Kelli Odum says:

I have had endometriosis since I was 15 – and I have had 16 surgeries since then. I am now 34 and I know a lot about it and a lot of what you can do to make yourself feel better. Let me know if I can help!

• erinparker75 says:

oh Kelli – what a nightmare!!! I will definitely be seeking you out…so sorry you’ve had to go through this too

3. barbie says:

Parker. You’ve TOtally been on my mind and I have wanted to speak to you and see what has been happening. Please, write fast.

4. deb says:

Proud of you writing this blog. It could help many woman who do not know they have endometriosis to understand the symptoms, and to seek treatment.

5. I have endometriosis too. No wait, it’s eczema. Or hemorrhoid. Oh hell, I forget exactly what it is but I know I have something. Anyway….I’m with you on this too. I get you got it because you didn’t meet me at Starbucks. Just saying’. 🙂

6. Debbie Johnson says:

Erin..you will be in my heart..in my thoughts..in my prayers. I am in your wagon..let’s get going..and then move on..

7. Andes says:

Chika!!!
    Se te extraña, quiero bailar contigo!!!

8. OH I hope you’re feeling ok!! Brave of you to share.

9. Kelsie Mc Sherry says:

Love your humor! Love your courage! Love your self-loving! Love your truth telling! Thank you amazing woman ❤